Michael Ironside




Mike was still at the Art college of Ontario when I met him. He somehow got into my afterhours club with somebody and soon became a regular. he was in his early twenties exhuberant, totally careless and very full of himsel and very much a pain in the ass. I had to take down my dartboard because he hit a bystander in the leg he was always too full of fun and too loud etc. etc. He won an award for a  student film he had made and one night and brought 30 film students from the awards and was very troubled when I wouldn't let them in. But I didn't really like him and he was mostly a pain in the ass. But after a few years of him hanging around my place and sleeping it off there more than a few times.
We finally became friends.
One night at my new bar at Queen and Bathurst was very crazy. We had a special bar made from some really old planks from a wrecking company and planed them and wanted to cover them in acyrlic. So my partner Greg got some crazy friend of his to do this. It was a big job and all of us were breathing too many fumes etc. But somehow his friend got it wrong and the plastic never set and you could't lean on the bar too long without sticking to it. So some weeks later Mike was on a tear and when I closed the bar he was passed out in a chair so i left him. My Apartment was a bove the bar and I wake up to this thumping on the floor. So I get up and go down to the bar. Mike had woke up for a minute and crawled on top of the bar and went to sleep. so he wakes up and his face is glued to the bar. When I got there he had managed to reach a pool cue and bang on the ceiling. I finally stopped laughing long enough to pry him loose without too much loss of skin. Michael and I hung out together most of the time for a few years,(see Kathrine O'Hara) I could probably write a book. One Afternoon we met a couple of chicks and decided to get them drunk etc. We went to liquor Store and got ingrediants for a giant Sangria complete with a bottle of brandy.
So we smoked some dope drank a bunch of wine and woke up about 8 hours later very naked and very hung over. My camera was laying on the table and when I got the film developed we discovered we had got drunk and the chicks had taken our clothes off and took pics of us.-more to come

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great story!

liz potgieter said...

Gorgeous story...definitely worthy of a book. Thank you..lovely!

Gary LeDrew said...

This doesn't begin to tell the tales